Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homespun Yarn Scrapghan

Thank goodness!  I am FINALLY rid of all of my Lion Brand Homespun yarns.   Cannot remember now how many years I have had the stuff hanging around.  What a shame that something so luxurious is such a misery to knit and crochet with.  Had some leftover brown from a comfort blanket I recently made for a friend--- and odds and ends of other colors---so decided to be done with all the scraps for once and for all.  Here is the finished product.  It will be a cozy addition to the sofa in my family room.
...By and By...I'll Fly Away
(03-05-2017, 01:09 PM)Carol Ann Wrote: Thank goodness!  I am FINALLY rid of all of my Lion Brand Homespun yarns.   Cannot remember now how many years I have had the stuff hanging around.  What a shame that something so luxurious is such a misery to knit and crochet with.  Had some leftover brown from a comfort blanket I recently made for a friend--- and odds and ends of other colors---so decided to be done with all the scraps for once and for all.  Here is the finished product.  It will be a cozy addition to the sofa in my family room.

I know what you mean about the Homespun yarns.  They are difficult to work with but the finished product is always very soft.  The afghan looks great and I do know it will be very warm for whoever uses it.
Doreen, North Wales, PA<br /><br />http://s1013.photobucket.com/albums/af254/dlfoxy/Doreens%20Crochet%20Projects/
(10 hours ago)dlfoxy Wrote:
(03-05-2017, 01:09 PM)Carol Ann Wrote: Thank goodness!  I am FINALLY rid of all of my Lion Brand Homespun yarns.   Cannot remember now how many years I have had the stuff hanging around.  What a shame that something so luxurious is such a misery to knit and crochet with.  Had some leftover brown from a comfort blanket I recently made for a friend--- and odds and ends of other colors---so decided to be done with all the scraps for once and for all.  Here is the finished product.  It will be a cozy addition to the sofa in my family room.

I know what you mean about the Homespun yarns.  They are difficult to work with but the finished product is always very soft.  The afghan looks great and I do know it will be very warm for whoever uses it.

Glad you like it Doreen. Actually, I am using it for myself and I am astonished at how much I am using it!  Soooo soft and just the right (light) weight.  I love the thing!
...By and By...I'll Fly Away