Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's time!
Well, it's been awhile since we've had any updates!  What is everyone working on???

I've been making baby items like crazy.  Some of you know I love to make baby items, but there are no more babies in my
family being born so I decided to get on my local "facebook yardsale groups" and have been selling some.  Right now I'm working on
one of the 7 orders I've had in the last couple of weeks, so my hooks have been flying.  Pictures to come...

Now it's your turn..............
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook

Hey, Bende!!!  Long time no hear from.  Glad to hear that you are busy, busy, busy with baby things.  I know how much you love making 'em.  Really looking forward to seeing the pictures.   I finished some large knitting projects (gave the hooks some time to cool off for a while) and am now focused on a challenging crochet table topper.  It is charted ( I don't know WHY I dislike charts so much) so I am re-visiting my "reading" skills.   Rolleyes   # 10 steel hook and # 20 thread.  Yikes!  It will be presented to my church as an alter linen.  It is all filet work ( a size graduated series of crosses) and done in the round.  Finished diameter will be about 28".  Hopefully I can add a tiny photo of it that I pulled from the pattern source link.  ***  Bende---did you ever get my message about not being able to get a photo into the showcase???  Never had the problem before.  Message says it is a failed download every time I try.  Edited to say:  nope.  photo will not load.   Sad
...By and By...I'll Fly Away
Wow!!!  I can't wait to see the table topper!  I'm sure it'll be gorgeous!!!

no, I didn't see your message about the error message when trying to post pictures.  Dale
looked at it, so go ahead and try it again!
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook

(06-15-2016, 11:12 AM)Bende Wrote: Wow!!!  I can't wait to see the table topper!  I'm sure it'll be gorgeous!!!

no, I didn't see your message about the error message when trying to post pictures.  Dale
looked at it, so go ahead and try it again!

Thanks, Bende...and Dale.  Will give it a try.  Edited to add:  YES!  It worked!  Photo in showcase now.  Here is the tiny sample picture of the table topper:        wellllllll......now THIS photo will not post.  bah humbug.  I guess you will have to wait for the real thing.

Trying for a photo insert, again.  this is not my own completed work but mine will presumably turn out the same.
Wow, What a lot of work, AND using a chart!!!  I've never used a chart, but someday want to give it a go.  I can't wait to see yours, it the color going to be the same??
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook

Yep, it is a challenge! Undecided   I don't mind the filet charts but the chart for the center portion is Rolleyes   Confused   Thankfully I am beyond the center and working filet.  Slooooooow work what with such small thread and hook.  Need bright light.   Mine is white white.  Not sure if the one in the photo is really white or off white or what it is.  I do know that it is done with # 10 thread (mine is # 20) with a # 4 hook (while I am using a #10 hook).  I have never worked filet crochet in the round before so when adding and decreasing squares---I have to figure it out / fake it   Dodgy  since there are no written directions and I cannot find anything on the internet as a tutorial for doing that in the round.   Endless note taking and one must REMEMBER whatever was done in a previous round since it is assumed by designer that you know what you are doing.  Things change every single round and have multiple techniques and structural stuff going on simultaneously.
Whoa!  I'm just worn out reading your explanation of what that entails!!!  Kudos to you for having patience for all that!!!  Can't wait to see it!
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook

(06-19-2016, 10:55 AM)Bende Wrote: Whoa!  I'm just worn out reading your explanation of what that entails!!!  Kudos to you for having patience for all that!!!  Can't wait to see it!

Wow Carol Anne, the table topper is absolutely beautiful.  I love the pattern.  And yes, it does take a long time and a lot of patience.  The I never thought I would get the christening gown finished either.  I myself also like to work with #10 thread and the #7 hook.  Anything smaller then that drives me crazy.

Congratulations.
Doreen, North Wales, PA<br /><br />http://s1013.photobucket.com/albums/af254/dlfoxy/Doreens%20Crochet%20Projects/