Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'ello, 'hello fellow crocheters!
Wink 
Guten Tag,

I am Ursula,and I love all things stringy,woolly and handmade.
46 years old,crocheting for 42. Learned the skill from my grandmother,and I just managed recently to teach myself to read patterns and charts...still struggling Wink
My gran didn't even tell me the correct names for stitches,just...that is the tall one...that is the nobbly one etc.so it was fun,like learning a new language!
Looking forward to meet fellow crochet crazies! Big Grin
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin   Hello and Welcome!  Love hearing your background with crochet.  I am forcing myself to read charts more 'comfortably".  Don't know why I dislike them so much.  We can struggle together.  LOL.   Hope to hear from you often and looking forward to seeing some of your projects.
...By and By...I'll Fly Away
(12-30-2015, 12:06 PM)Carol Ann Wrote: Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin   Hello and Welcome!  Love hearing your background with crochet.  I am forcing myself to read charts more 'comfortably".  Don't know why I dislike them so much.  We can struggle together.  LOL.   Hope to hear from you often and looking forward to seeing some of your projects.

Thankies,Carol Ann! Smile

I can look at a pic,and start crocheting what I see(3 nobblies,leave hole,,3 more nobblies etc,lol)
...but those charts?? I now know most of the symbols thanks to the interwebs,but a flat ,one dimensional drawing?? Urgh. Baffles me at times Wink
Crochet is not a hobby,it is a post apocalyptic life skill  Tongue
Welcome Ursula!  Glad you found us.  We love to see pictures of everyone's projects so feel free to post yours.  Checkout "showcase", that's where we all post our projects,  you'll see some beautiful work by our members!  Have fun looking around!
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook

I tried!!waaah...i am a computer blond and do not know how to 'shrinkydink' my pics?
The notifications tell me they're too big Sad
(12-30-2015, 01:18 PM)Krochetykraut Wrote: I tried!!waaah...i am a computer blond and do not know how to 'shrinkydink' my pics?

Do you  have a photo program on your computer where you store/save your pictures?  If so, the program will have the feature for re-sizing your pics.   If you use a photo host-er online---they also have a feature in their program for re-sizing.  I am suspecting that maybe yu are using photos taken on your cell phone ???
...By and By...I'll Fly Away
(12-30-2015, 01:13 PM)Bende Wrote: Welcome Ursula!  Glad you found us.  We love to see pictures of everyone's projects so feel free to post yours.  Checkout "showcase", that's where we all post our projects,  you'll see some beautiful work by our members!  Have fun looking around!

(12-30-2015, 03:19 PM)Carol Ann Wrote:
(12-30-2015, 01:18 PM)Krochetykraut Wrote: I tried!!waaah...i am a computer blond and do not know how to 'shrinkydink' my pics?

Do you  have a photo program on your computer where you store/save your pictures?  If so, the program will have the feature for re-sizing your pics.   If you use a photo host-er online---they also have a feature in their program for re-sizing.  I am suspecting that maybe yu are using photos taken on your cell phone ???
 I used an off site image hoster now,thanks!
And you were right,i use my phone to take pictures.