Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Upgrade
Under "welcome back" at the top of the page is a link that says view new posts. Is that what you are looking for? That is the closest thing that I have found when I was looking for it.
As far as making work like it did with the old software, I'm not sure we'll be able to do that, but here is how it is currently working, so see if this helps.

You may all know this already, but it won't hurt to have a little extra info here.

In the screen shot below you can see what forum has threads or replies to threads that you have not seen yet. The arrow inside the circle is what tells you that.

[Image: shot1.png]

Once you are looking at the list of threads inside a forum, you should see that any threads or replies to threads that you have not seen will be shown in bold font as shown below.

[Image: shot2.png]

This is the way it works on another forum that I frequent and it seems to tell me what I need to know regarding what's new that I have not yet seen.
Interesting. Thanks for the additional information for translating what is on the screen, Dale. I am still curious, though, as to whatever happened to the post Bende made the other day---in answer to MLMoore3's original question. Since I did get an email verification that told me Bende had made the post on this thread I am still mystified as to why her post has never shown up in the thread. Maybe she deleted it Huh Don't trouble yourself with trying to find it just for my sake. I think I already have a pretty good handle on how the new forum is working. Thanks again!
...By and By...I'll Fly Away
Gotta say, I'm loving how this new layout is mobile-friendly. Very sweet indeed.
Crocheting isn't a hobby... it's an addiction!
Yes, that's exactly what happened. Bende deleted the post after she realized that what she had posted was incomplete.

(04-14-2014, 08:39 PM)Carol Ann Wrote: Interesting. Thanks for the additional information for translating what is on the screen, Dale. I am still curious, though, as to whatever happened to the post Bende made the other day---in answer to MLMoore3's original question. Since I did get an email verification that told me Bende had made the post on this thread I am still mystified as to why her post has never shown up in the thread. Maybe she deleted it Huh Don't trouble yourself with trying to find it just for my sake. I think I already have a pretty good handle on how the new forum is working. Thanks again!
Is there someway you could change the color of the text on the subject lines of the forum from the light blue to black? It would be easier to read.
Remember to treasure your friends, They're the most valuable antiques you will ever have!!!
OK, I've changed around the colors, so see if that's any better.

(04-30-2014, 02:28 PM)mamarose22 Wrote: Is there someway you could change the color of the text on the subject lines of the forum from the light blue to black? It would be easier to read.
That's better. Thank you.
Remember to treasure your friends, They're the most valuable antiques you will ever have!!!